Drop-Off and Pick Up
PICK UP LOCATIONS FOR
The safety of all students at Lincoln Elementary School is our focus. Our goal is to provide a supervised, safe area for children to wait for their families or teachers prior to being picked up or riding the bus. The arrival and departure locations are listed below:
- ALL students will enter campus through the cafeteria.
- Students should NOT arrive on the school grounds before 7:30 am.
- The cafeteria will be open in the morning from 7:30 – 7:58 am for students entering campus. Class instruction begins at 7:58 am.
- DO NOT drop off students at the bus loading area marked yellow in front of the cafeteria (that zone is only for bus loading and unloading)
- Students should always proceed directly to the cafeteria. Students will be picked up and escorted by a staff member or student leader to their grade-level playground area or classroom from the cafeteria.
- Kindergarten pick up students will be dismissed at the C Street gate at 2:15 p.m.
- First & 2nd grade pick-up students will be dismissed at the Chestnut Street gate at 2:15 p.m.
- Third-Fourth Grade students will be dismissed from the Clarence gate at 2:52 p.m.
- Fifth Grade students will be dismissed from the front of the school at 2:52 p.m.
- HEART Program – Students attending the after-school HEART program will be escorted to the quad area/cafeteria to meet their HEART Program Leader. Please contact the HEART staff at 559-679-5276 for pick-up procedures and bus departure times.
- Parents who wish to pick up their students during school hours need to come to the Lincoln Office to sign out their student(s).*
- Grades K-2 students will be escorted by a staff member to the buses at the front of the school library/cafeteria at 2:15 p.m.
- Grades 3-5 students will be escorted by a staff member to the buses at the front of the school library/cafeteria at 2:52 p.m.
In the event that children of different grades need to accompany their siblings, families can let the Lincoln Office personnel know and our staff will do our best to facilitate.
In order to maximize student learning, Lincoln School Staff firmly believe that students need to be in class until the end of the day. Please make every effort to schedule appointments after school. Students who are picked up early will need to be signed out in the front office. For safety reasons, students will only be released to their parent, legal guardian or those listed on the child’s emergency card. The office staff must have a written note from the parent/legal guardian if someone not listed on the emergency card will be picking the child up.